Thursday, January 23, 2020

Post #1: Who am I?

To introduce oneself within a few paragraphs is always a difficult task. How should you start? What is something people would want to know about you? In my opinion, there is not one central interest or quality that defines me or anyone else as a person; rather, we are composed of several, small abilities and strengths which work together to create the individual. 

Along with the struggle to find one central quality within myself, my interests seem to change every day. For example, one day I will enjoy reading a book and maybe even finish one in a sitting, while the next day even the thought of reading would put me to sleep. However, two interests that have remained constant over the past few years are writing and photography. Ever since second grade when I went home and began to write a historical fiction story about the Revolutionary War after learning about it in school, I've loved to create stories. Creative writing has always been something that I've enjoyed, and I hope to pursue it as a side career when I am older. Along with this, photography has been a big part of my life in the past few years. Capturing moments not only allows me to create everlasting memories, but also allows me to express myself in unique ways.

As far as qualities that I have, I would say that selflessness and kindness are examples in which I am most proud of. I always try to give to others even when that same energy isn't given back because it makes me feel good to make others feel good. I try to always show a sense of humor even when I'm feeling down because brightening others' days is important to me and it in turn always seems to make my day better as well. 

I'm not sure yet what I want to do for a career in the future, but I know that I'm going to school for psychology and I'll go from there. While this will be my main career, I would also like to write and have a side photography business as well. I plan to travel a lot, so I probably won't have kids. Other than these things, I don't have much of my future planned out and I intend to keep it that way. I believe that if I take life one day at a time things will eventually work themselves out. 

I didn't intend to make this as lengthy as it is, but I think I've said everything I needed to in order for you to get a better understanding of who I am. With that being said, I hope you somewhat enjoyed having to read this, and I hope you can find some things that we have in common with each other!



2 comments:

  1. I liked your blog. It was a little insight into who you are, which is good for me because I don't know you that well. Anyway, I absolutely love to write as well! You should come to the Creative Arts Group at our school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. psychology is such an interesting subject to major in! i hope you can incorporate writing and photography into it since you're so passionate about the two :)

    ReplyDelete